131 x served & 1 x viewed
How To Cook Red Potatoes, Green Beans and Mushrooms?
| i Heart Marina
Planning and cooking meals every day can be a challenging and a creative endeavor. If you are looking for a recipe that’s healthy, delicious and easy to prepare at home then you must try my vegan dish.
Green beans and earthy mushrooms are truly a match made in heaven! Not only it’s delicious but it’s also very healthy. Green beans are a good source of copper, vitamin B1, magnesium, calcium, protein, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B6, vitamin A and vitamin E. As for mushrooms, they are low in calories, gluten-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and very low in sodium. Additionally, mushrooms provide important nutrients including selenium, potassium, vitamin B and D, potassium, copper and more.
Read below to find out “How to cook red potatoes, green beans and mushrooms?”
- 2 portobello mushrooms cut in in small pieces.
- 2 red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Spinach leaves
- 1 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1/4 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Place a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Drizzle in about 3 tablespoons of Avocado oil and half a cup of water. Once the water boils, add a couple of pinches of salt (I like using the iodized sea salt).
- Add green beans to the skillet allowing it to sauté for about 10 minutes. As soon as you notice the green beans are turning to a brighter green color, add the red potatoes and cook it for another 12 minutes or so.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and turn the heat to medium-low; cover the pan with the lid. Let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until they begin to brown and soften.
4. Next, add spinach leaves to the skillet. This reminds me of a typical Southern Italy recipe, specifically Apulia. Green beans, mushroom, potatoes and the spinach.
5. Meanwhile, on a separate small size sauté pan, heat the avocado oil and add the diced onions; fry it until it’s golden. Sauté the onions with freshly grounded black pepper, red pepper and salt. Allow it to cook for about 5 to 7 minutes then pour it on to the mushrooms, green beans, potatoes and the spinach. Stir once and let it cook on a medium-low heat.
6. Lastly, add the garlic, salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Do you have a receipt that you’d like to share with me and my readers? Submit your recipe to email@example.com for a chance to be featured on my blog!
Hugs and kisses,