311 x served & 37 x viewed
How to: The Double Denim
Golden Rules To Live By in 2017.
| i Heart Marina
The “Double Denim Trend” refers to the pairing of a denim shirt or jacket with denim jeans, shorts or skirts leaping the fashion world upon with gusto.
The 125-year old mill look is currently celebrities favorite go-to look. Whether you opt for a high-rise pair of jeans like Bella Hadid or a classic cropped flare jeans like Kendall Jenner. I also live in jeans when I’m not wearing my red-carpet gowns. Wearing a pair of denim jeans is a way to underline your individuality and chicness. So, why not go with double denim?!
The fear of double denim is not entirely irrational. Honestly, it’s not an easy look to pull off.
Here are some of my “Double Denim Golden Rules To Live By in 2017.”
1. Do not, and I repeat do not color match the denim pieces. Say you’re wearing denim on denim, make sure the denim jeans are either a shade darker or lighter than the denim top in order to contrast. If you’re trying to look slimmer I suggest a darker-hued denim jeans and a shade of a lighter denim too.
2. When wearing a denim shirt, do roll up your sleeves to 3/4 length. Accessorize bare wrists with bracelets and/ or a cocktail ring for a boho-chic combo look.
3. Stay away from belts. When wearing a double denim ensemble. You don’t want to look like a Texas truck driver.
4. Do not wear cowboy boots with double denim for a city street style unless your goal is to look like a cowgirl.
5. The double denim trend in 2017 is all about breaking up the heaviness of the look with something light and feminine. Here are few accessory ideas: the strap of a fabulous Chloé cross-body handbag; a 90’s inspired chocker; a gorgeous pair of dangly earrings; or even try wearing the shirt open one extra button to show off a tiny glimpse of a pretty camisole. I do this often.
For additional fashion tips please take a moment to subscribe to my blog, iheartmarina.com, to start receiving my newsletters straight to your inbox.
Hugs and kisses,