173 x served & 1 x viewed
How To Wear Bell Sleeve Tops in 2017?
| i Heart Marina
This year’s favorite trend is the bell-sleeve top trend. The statement sleeves have become the staple shirt trend in every “It” girl’s wardrobe.
Additionally, designers have taken a strong hold of the bell-sleeve silhouette and they are not letting it go anytime soon. It’s a new take on a going-out fun, dramatic, and cute top which makes it a perfect fashion statement. Céline debuted ribbed knits with thick belled cuffs, Ellery took to the clean lines of a flared sleeve, and Rosie Assoulin went towards ruffles and cascading shapes. Other fashion designers who embraced the bell-sleeve trend on the runway include Fendi, Temperley London, Roberto Cavalli, Rachel Zoe and Holly Fulton.
Here are the top 10 sleeve trends to start wearing this year:
- Bell Sleeve -Fitted on the shoulder and flaring out wide toward the wrist, is the new modern-chic bell sleeve trend.
- Flounce Sleeve – Similar to bell-sleeve, flounce sleeve is considered more feminine attaching a separate piece of circular-cut fabric to the sleeve and creating a ruffle effect that gives flounce sleeves their flare.
- Bishop Sleeve – This bohemian style balloons out toward the lower arm before gathering into a cuff at the wrist.
- Balloon Sleeve – Perfect style for the summer because the sleeves are short and puffed out gathered in the end of the sleeve looking like a semi-deflated balloon.
- Ruffle Sleeve – These sleeves are loud, fun and more dramatic than the rest of the sleeves. Ruffles are layered in different variations on the sleeves.
- Extra -Long Sleeve – I’d have to say it’s not as practical as the sleeves mentioned above but the relaxed-looking tops with reeeeally long sleeves are so trending now.
- Off-The-Shoulder Sleeve– This is not a new trend however it’s getting more popular this year. The sexy style is not only daring and delicate providing flash of skin on the shoulders, but it’s also both feminine and eye-catching.
- Cold-Shoulder Sleeve – Design features a flash of skin just on the tops of the arms. Appearing like a regular design with cutouts at the shoulders, cold-shoulder sleeves are modern and chic.
How to style statement sleeves in 2017?
- One way to style extra-wide flare sleeves is to keep the rest of your look minimal. For instance, do wear wide flares that tie at the elbow. A simple silhouette in a neutral colour palette of either a pair of pants or a long skirt is all you need to finish this modern structured look.
- Opt for sheer fabrics such as chiffon and lace designs when going for a bishop sleeve. A chic way to style this look is to carry it through the entire outfit. A good example would be a modern and tailored one-piece romper or a short dress with long sleeves.
- The flounce sleeve tops and shirts styled with casual jeans and low-heeled shoes are perfect when going for a casual look.
- Forget loud patterns and colors, go for ruffles that completely cover the sleeve, it’s the statement you need for your outfit. Try pairing it with cropped trousers for a super stylish look.
- Always wear heels with extra-long sleeves since long sleeves can pull the eye down and leave you looking short. It can be styled with a short skirt or short -shorts.
If you’re going to embrace the bell sleeve trend, I think it’s best to lean into the playful silhouette. Here’s a fun look I put together. The checkered top I wore instantly kicked up the fashion-forward look. I love the ginormous extra-wide sleeves, it’s so flamboyant and chic! I paired the top with a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of high heels to add height.
BAG // Chanel
Sunglasses // Chanel
Shoes // Dior
Top // SheIn
Pants // Joe’s Jeans
Once you have your statement bell sleeves, remember to keep the rest of your look minimal. A simple silhouette in a neutral colour palette is all you need to finish this modern-boho look.
Today, I also got a fresh haircolor, hair cut and style from a L’Oréal pro and my amazing hairstylist Shelly Gregory from Ateliere by Square. Now, I’m all ready for the summer!
Please take a moment to subscribe to my blog to start receiving fashion trend alerts.