352 x served & 1 x viewed
How To Wear Ripped Jeans Like A Celebrity?
|i Heart Marina
“Mom, do you ever get cold knees when wearing ripped jeans?” Once asked me my 10-year-old son, Johnny.
“Nope, never!” I answered
As an advocate of jeans, I love short-shorts jeans, long jeans, cropped jeans, boyfriend jeans, skinny jeans, flared jeans… love them all! If you follow my blog or my social sites you know me, I’m a casual kinda gal who loves wearing jeans, today and every day. Ok, maybe not everyday LOL 😂!
Some of the interesting comments that I have received in the past on my social sites especially LinkedIn are…
- “Looks like you need a new pair of jeans.” ,
- “You can afford a Rolls but not a new pair of jeans?”,
- “Do you not have the money to buy new pair of jeans?”,
- “Wow, what’s up with the jeans?”,
- “You sure like the ripped jeans look.”
As a matter of fact I don’t like the ripped jeans look I adore ripped jeans look. Ripped jeans are actually my signature look. For a girl who aims to look effortless casual chic, ripped jeans seem to be the perfect option to pair with pretty much everything from nice dressy shirts to oversized jumpers. Also, just so you know and this is not a joke, ripped jeans generally cost more than ones in perfect condition. Levi’s actually offer a service where you can bring in your non-ripped jeans and pay to have someone cut the off with a pair of scissors to make it looked like ripped. No joke! I’m serious!
Let’s go back and chat about the history of ripped jeans. They were popular in the late 1980s during the hard rock and heavy metal era along with the grunge era in the 1990s and 2000s. Just so you know, before 1970’s, the ripped jeans were mainly associated with the less fortunate and with over-wearing. The lower working class could not afford to part with their over-used denim and so they continued to wear their ripped jeans. The reality is that long before people were wearing torn jeans to express personal style, people back then people wore torn dwnim out of necessity.
Here’s how some of your favorite celebrities have styled their ripped jeans this year, in 2017.
1. Gigi Hadid – wore her ripped jeans with trainers, a big fluffy coat and some colored shades to combat the winter sun.
2. Kendall Jenner – styled her rolled up ripped jeans with an off the shoulder top and stilettos. Aviator shades topped of her #ootd.
3. Margot Robbie -seen in a ripped pair of jeans with flats and a long coat to keep her warm.
4. Zendaya – styled her low-key look in a plain slouchy t-shirt, ripped jeans, baseball hat and a pair of white sneakers.
5. Lily Aldridge – she paired her ripped boyfriend jeans with a fun stripped top for a model off-duty laidback style.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio -made her faded ripped jeans look simple yet glam with heels, a cute knit top.
7. Jessica Alba – Now this is one of my favorite looks not only because I like mixing styles but I love the casual and chic combo. Jessica sported her ripped jeans with an oversized jacket cardigan and high heels. This is definitely staying in 2017!
8. Rihanna– loved seeing her in a pair of ripped jeans with a demure oversized button shirt. I’d say an addition of a belt would have made her outfit looked more polished.
9. Cheryl Cole – rocked the hot new denim trend wearing a dusty back ripped knee jeans which she teamed with a crop top and fringed suede jacket.
10. Kim Kardashian – Although, Kim is not new to this trend, she was seen wearing ripped jeans back in 2011, Kim seems to accessorize this particular look with high heels and a suite jacket. The effortless and casual- glam look which I call it a “one-stop style” win!
How I styled my ripped jeans today, I just wore a simple body suite and a leopard belt. As simple as that!
Please take a moment to subscribe to my blog to start receiving beauty and hairstyle tips.