183 x served & 1 x viewed
What Lessons I’ve learned During My 14 Years of Marriage.
| i Heart Marina
To me, like everything else, marriage comes down to one thing respect and love. ❤️
If you have two different individuals sharing a life together, it’s honestly inevitable that each will have different values and point of views and eventually they clash over it. The key here is not to change your partner but rather to simply abide by the differences, love each other even when things get a little rough and try to forgive each other and to remember why you are together in the first place.
1. Being together for the right reason. You married that person because you fell in love, you deeply care about him/ her and not because you were pressured to getting married or just got married just because.
2. Marriage is not a smooth ride, it requires a tremendous amount of patience. There will be days and even weeks of disappointment and regrets. However, you must remember, love is alive and that it’s also constantly evolving. It expands and contracts and mellows and deepens. It’s not going to be the way it used to be when you first met. Only if more couples understood this then they would be less inclined to panic and rush to divorce.
3. Beside communication another important factor in the relationship is respect. Conflicts are unavoidable and feelings will always be hurt. However, the only thing that I believe can save the relationship is r-e-s-p-e-c-t, not only for your partner but for yourself as well. Believe and trust each other, don’t speak evil of each other or degrade one another, respect the differences you’ve got such as hobbies and interests. Have an equal say in the relationship and most importantly keep no secrets.
4. Another personal relationship tip that I would like to share with my readers is to talk openly with your partner about the things that hurt you. Tell him or her what’s bothering you and both of you need to try to understand each other by working out the issues.
5. A healthy relationship consists of two healthy individuals and what I mean by that is that it’s up to you to make yourself happy and then your partner. You both have to make each other happy after you make yourself happy. Does that make sense?
6. Growing and changing together is part of being together for so long. Over the course of 15 years of knowing each other Mr Magz and I, have changed in so many different ways. We’ve changed our political parties, styles and our views towards life in general but our love has not changed. As a matter of fact, we love each other even more now than ever and the love we have grows stronger as the years go by and that is because our respect for each other allowed us to adapt and allow each of us to continue to flourish and grow.
7. Ladies, you did not hear this from me but do stand by for what you believe in and get good at arguing, LOL I’m serious!!! Relationship is a living, breathing thing and it cannot get stronger without stress and challenge. Yes, there will be fights and you’ll have to fight it. There will also be time where you must hash things out. Why do you have to do it? That’s because obstacles make the marriage. When you do argue please try not to criticize your partner, don’t get too defensive and blame him/ her for everything, don’t put him/ her down and make him/her feel inferior and lastly don’t ignore him/her. Ugh… so hate that!
8. I believe in marriage, there is no such thing as winning an argument. At times you may be right and he/she will realize that so, don’t push yourself over and over showing how right you are. You can be right and quite at the same time. Not always it’s a good idea to keep your mouth open and blabber things out. Just sayin’…
9. The other important factor in my relationship is understanding each other. When your goal is to find out what is your partner’s point and to truly try to understand him/ her deeply. Then, conflict becomes much easier to navigate because you see more of the context and understand his/ her point of view
10. Lastly, it’s the simple things in life that are priceless and count the most… at least it is for me. For instance saying ” I love you,” before going to bed, holding hands during the walks, doing small favors here and there, helping out each other when he/ she least expects because these small things all matter and they add up over the long run
11. I wasn’t going to include #11 relationship tip but, all I’ll say is that sex matters!!! 🙊
Would so love to hear from you some of your favorite relationship tips. Please comment below.
Hugs and kisses,